- Affiliate Marketing - eCommerce - Website Design - Hosting - Domain Names - Websites For Sale
There are endless ways you can reach your audience, there is no secret formula as such. Applying the 80-20 rule should always be an integral part of your social media marketing strategy. In short it means 80% of your content should be engagement oriented which gives something valuable to read to your viewers and engage them in conversations or participation and only 20% should be dedicated for your business promotion.
It is necessary to establish the fact that people come to social media platforms for social interactions and not to read your sales pitch! Social media marketing is more inclined to building relationships, trust and authority online rather than annoying your audience with repeated sales pitch.
80% Content – informative & interactive: This part of the marketing strategy mainly aims at sharing good content related to your business. Simply put, look over for the content that interests your audience and share the same across various social networking platforms. Think about re-tweets, re-sharing posts, links to reviews, inspirational quotes, greetings, polls, trivia & contests and other such engagement oriented ideas. If confused how to come up with such posts, do as listed below:
- Follow top influencers in your industry, watch their posts, tweets and design your own or probably re-share them as a good piece of information.
- Share your own interesting facts, content amongst your own page followers and get them engaging.
- Make your content reach out to your influencers and try to connect them.
- Organize trivia, competition and award the winners which compels the audience to engage in the activity and gain confidence in your brand.
20% self promotion: While working on this section, include information which “benefits” your audience by providing discounts, special offers with a call to action button leading to your website which will enable them to learn more about your services/products. Publish your products/services advantages, reviews, testimonials, specifications and all other information you need to keep your reputation.
The bottom line: If a brand focuses too much on its sales and irritates the audience on social network with non stop sales pitch is sure to drive away visitors and referrals. Audience will simply jump in and out of your social media page without even landing on your website (traffic to your website is the sole motive of any marketing strategy). Give your audience what they want to read at regular intervals and you shall see a spike in your brand’s followers and authority and maintain a consistent social media presence.